Feminism and Masculinism together. The idea of men and women being equal. In fact, I thin BOTH women and men today are losing sight of what truly should be for equality and so forth.
Surprised? Look at today's culture. Seriously, you call THAT feminism? Do you call Michelle Bachmann's and Sarah Palin's extremist Social Darwinist ideals of going back to the Stone Age patriarchal ideals "feminism"? Actually, I find Bachmann slightly more respectable: at least she works to gain power to an extent with her charisma, but...I disagree so hard with her ideology on feminist ideals that I can't even begin to talk about them without screaming at the world for letting her talk that ways about "women's place in the world."
I call that an attempt to send us all back to the Dark Ages...or even the Stone Age.
Feminism means: CALLING FOR THE EQUALITY OF WOMEN AND MEN IN RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, RIGHTS, OPPORTUNITY, MORAL AGENCY AND STRENGTH.
Feminism does NOT mean: Dystopian themes of rampant sexuality that degrades men and women together down to the lowest basity of human darkness. NOR does it mean patriarchal ideals that go back to the Ancient World. Feminism also does NOT mean child prostitution and stupidity and consumerist Jungle ideals of women being objects worshipped as "sexy, hot and beautiful". Feminism does NOT mean blaming men for all their problems, either.
There ARE, after all, women who support patriarchy because they benefit from being lazy and being worshipped for forcing other girls into prostitution. That includes the Camorriste and the human traffickers of the world.
You know what I call a feminist?
The First Wave Feminists were all real feminists.
Simone de Beauvoir was a real feminist.
Betty Friedan is a real feminist.
Betty Ford was a real feminist.
Eleanor Roosevelt is a real feminist.
All the First Wave and Second Wavers were (and still are) real feminists.
The women that would fight through Fire and Ice and fight dragons and the worst kind of monsters to gain rights for all the women in the world are real feminists.
THIS IS WHAT I CALL MODERN REAL FEMINISM in today's world:1) Women working together with Men worldwide to destroy and collapse the Human Trafficking system in the Entire Damn world. NO MORE SLAVERY. MEN OR WOMEN.
2) Destruction of all the cultural perspectives that men are more rational than women and are more fit to be leaders, capable people and deserving of more opportunity than women. Same with vice versa: women are not better than men, either. Women are not necessarily naturally always more nurturing, more kind and emotional. We are just engrained to be that ways by the society--it's a psychological effect that we have in the society even when we are born. We easily pick this up from our parents, schools, media, etc.
3) Women and Men both serving in the military as SOLDIERS, GENERALS, SERGEANTS, and ELITE FORCE NAVY SEALS, ETC.. Equality is a very difficult thing to achieve, despite what we all hope for, AND because this is the best, most BLATANT way to prove that women and men deserve to be equal.
4) Women having every right to vote as men. Same with vice versa...encourage and push for every single individual in the damn country, continent, and world to vote for their political governments--National, State and Local--so that they can support the ideals of a truly democratic, Republic Society.
5) Women and men BOTH being signed on Selective Service. This means both of them will have to fight if a war really does break out. This also ensures that ALL the women of the nation will CARE about what happens before, when and after a war starts.
6) Women and Men BOTH working together in Political Activism and Talking Openly about Social and Public issues together, accepting each other as equals, and allowing each other to work with their greatest strengths in mind regardless of gender.
7) Women and Men BOTH fighting for the right of women to be seen as equal as men (and VICE VERSA) in all aspects of living. That means women have the same rights as men to be CEOs and Scientific Researchers just as men have the same rights as women to be Writers, Professors of Humanities and Nurses. No more gender stereotyping on both sides.
8) Women and Men BOTH working equally in the workforce. Charisma, Strength, Power, etc…all must be applied to both in standards. That means women should not use double standards on men, either, because both Men and Women will suffer in this regard on making the cause of equality perfect.
9) Women and Men BOTH taking care of the kids at home and carefully doing so. Both of them must watch out for any problems, and both must be made aware and so forth of the sacrifices both make. If one of them refuses (or both), the feminist movement is dead.
10) Stop blaming. Both of you are at fault here: Men, for trying to maintain their sense of power. Women, for throwing their hatred back at the better Men who don’t deserve that kind of treatment by getting back at all men. Etc.
Do you know what this means? Women need to be just as active in changing the world TOGETHER WITH THE MEN.
The problem is, the world never changes easily. Just look at the First and Second Wave Feminists: The First and Second Wave Feminists ALWAYS marched on the street, all the while taking care of their children, families and so forth. They all knew that they would be arrested, captured, convicted and sent to jail, and even gang-raped and killed or even mass murdered and tortured and sliced apart. And yet...they still went.
They went so they could make all the women in the world as free as the men. Even though they knew many of them could be shot to death, beaten to death, mocked, jeered, psychologically tortured, etc...
If you ARE a Feminist, say out loud that you can fulfill those standards as they did. Do it and prove that you are one of us. Otherwise, I will not take you seriously. I will probably hope that someone will take you out of your misery by ignoring you for eternity.
Edit: I admit, what I said earlier did have some issues (so I changed some of them), mainly because I was frustrated with the popular culture surrounding the Miley Cyrus phenomenon. Though...I shouldn't blame Miss Cyrus for things like that herself, since she doesn't know much about what she's really doing and is just a scared little girl.
I will also admit, I don't look down on all forms of prostitution, but I DO hate forced prostitution and child prostitution made into a business via human trafficking. There are at least tens of thousands of little girls being sold from Yunnan, China into the Golden Triangle (thanks to my understanding of what happens over there) to become prostitutes or child brides or wives of people who buy people as trophies. Not to mention being sold to Japan, South Africa, the USA, etc. forcibly.
The problem with making prostitution legal in all places in the world is the fact that not every place in the world is a first-world area like the USA or Western Europe. Unlike what certain people think, any form of legalized prostitution in China will inevitably end up with lots of 9-year-olds being sold to raise a family of boys (because farmers in that area don't care about their daughters and would prefer boys instead, since they see girls as maggots in their rice >.<), since there is so much damn corruption in that government, so I don't trust their society to ensure that the women who are selling their bodies are all 18 and older. Chances are, they might even turn a blind eye even if the female is 5. The problem is that patriarchal societies like China's makes prostitution a bad practice, since it commercializes it to force people to get into it even when they don't want to. That's the way it is. The rampant human trafficking over there is a result of the society being that ways.
As for the people who don't mind going into that industry, I don't really mind what they do, as long as they stay healthy and have a support system of health insurance and all that, since such an industry isn't something that one can easily be alright without testing and health evaluations. And as long as they don't support human trafficking.
- Current Location:Faraway place
- Current Mood: cranky
- Current Music:"Hei Se Qi Yue" by Du DeWei